Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Writer's Notebook Cover

Writer's Notebook is on my brain!! Right now, I'm thinking about the cover. Remember last year how I required you to have a 3-ring binder with a clear, plastic cover and then we personalized our covers? This year, I want to do something similar except I want you to have more ownership over it. So, like I said yesterday, you get to choose what kind of notebook works for you (once school supplies are out in July, I'll go on a little exploring mission and give you a preview of what's available). Then we'll personalize the front cover. So far, I'm thinking about photos, words that mean something to you, stickers, that kind of thing. But what if we branched out further and took cameras out around the school and took pictures of each other for our notebooks or things we liked; or what if we created poems to put on the cover? My brain is whirring, trying to push beyond my first thoughts, so that we can create some really cool covers that we're proud of!

I think I'll get the people in my class to create their own covers so that we have lots of samples to look at! Feel free to send me your ideas!

Happy Creative Thinking Wednesday!
Ms. Hagen

2 comments:

  1. We could think of ways writing helps us in everyday life and then take pictures of us in action using our writing skills in everyday life to put on the cover of our writers notebook???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea - I think we could have some really cool pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete