Thursday, June 10, 2010

A new book to love


You all know how I love fonts on my computer, right? So, I got this new book called Journal Bliss by Violette (isn't that a lovely name?), and it's about doing an art journal, where you have words and drawings (doodles, sketches, decoration). Anyway, the part I'm on is about creating your own fanciful lettering. I remember back when I was in middle school, and probably high school too, that I loved to experiment with different handwriting styles. I'd write big, then small, loopy, then straight. And yes, I think I even did the hearts above the i's at one point (although that's a little embarrassing to admit).
Anyway, I do remember the joy of just plain old writing when I was having fun with my handwriting, so I'm going to give it a whirl. "Be free Enjoy Jump Skip sing Dance unabashed experiment be the Creative Being that you are!" says Violette. So I will!
How will you "be the Creative Being that you are" this summer? Will you write? Will you doodle? Will you come up with your own Lettering style? You might even be able to submit one as a new font! That would be cool!
Happy Writing!
Ms. Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment