Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunrise


What is it about the sunrise that inspires poetry? I sit most mornings sipping a hot mug of coffee and watch the sun come up. It is a moment I love each morning. Today the sun is nestled in a deep blanket of clouds that are casting a purple hue across the sky. The sun is still hidden behind the trees, but soon will come bursting out lighting up the whole sky. It's quite a way to start your day if you've never tried it. Everyday I get a reminder that a fresh start is here. No matter what mistakes I feel I made yesterday, or what happened, today is another chance to go out in the world and shine a little light on others. I guess teaching is the same for me. A new school year is another chance to grow and learn, to help students be more than they were the day before. My own personal sunrise.




Happy Tuesday!


Ms. Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment