Friday, August 6, 2010

Finished the book


I couldn't hold off any longer. I finished Await Your Reply last night to see what was going on. It turned out to be a lot more complicated and a lot more simple than I thought. It was far more complicated in the way the plot was structured - it's not linear like a lot of books, one thing happening after another, but layered and intertwined in ways you won't realize until the end. That's the complexity (so if you don't like a bit of uncertainty - like "What's going on here??" - you might not enjoy this book now). I won't tell you the part that's more simple than I thought. That would give away too much.


The creepiness changed too. It was less creepy in that some of my wonderings were resolved in a better way than I thought. There were no ghosts or killers in the horror book sense. But it was also more creepy about the internet and all the criminal activities regarding money and indentity that can happen .


My book group meets Monday night and I can't wait to go! There is so much to talk about in this book because at the end, you have to make a lot of inferences and you also have to decide for yourself what will happen next for the main characters. I can't wait to hear others' views on all this!


While this book really is an adult novel, there are a few of you that would be intrigued by it. If you really want to try to unravel a complicated package and are willing to hang in there, it was quite good. There's a bit of strong language, just a warning, but not a lot. The c0ol thing is that since it's our One Read book, the author will be in here this fall and there will be a lot of activities hosted by the library.


Next on my list... Gone by Michael Grant. It's one of the Truman Award nominees, and all I know so far is that all the adults disappear! I'll let you know!
Happy Friday!
Ms. Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment